An advanced course for Graduates with a working knowledge of accounting and financial modelling wishing to prepare for roles in Credit Risk Review functions
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
– Critically evaluate the construction, assumptions and outputs of a credit risk model
– Analyse and differentiate sources of commercial and financial risk
– identify the risk management and mitigation measure of the firm
– Evaluate hedge effectiveness for FX and rates exposures
– Establish appropriate stress tests of the business model
– Compare stress tests outputs with covenants
– Evaluate the funding and liquidity of the firm
– Form an view of the debt capacity and DSCR of the enterprise
– Is the model deal-appropriate?
– Best approaches for model review
– Error checking formulas
– Model outputs and functionality
— Consistency of definitions with rating methodology
— Preparing reported financials for credit analysis
– Testing assumptions
— Analysing the Financing of Growth
— Testing Investment consistency with growth strategy
— Testing distribution policy against debt covenants
— Testing debt modelling and gearing impacts
– How to best test the rigour of a model
— Understanding the value drivers and creating appropriate stress tests
– Introduction to Market Risk measurement – VAR
– Valuing Financial Instruments and Analysing Hedge Effectiveness
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.