Tech Analysts, S&T Analysts (optionally)
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Read and write data into / out of pandas
• deploy pandas’ basic analytical tools,
• explore how pandas extends NumPy’s analytical functionality,
• interrogate a simple data set to extract key numbers and create a simple graphical output.
• Overview: spreadsheets and data frames: how pandas is the best of excel and Numpy in one package.
• Loading data into pandas
o performing initial checks on size, shape of dataset.
o Using simple graphing to identify null values in the dataset and taking action with pandas to ‘clean’ the data.
• Workshop 1: import a csv file of stock prices into pandas and output basic statistical values.
• From prices to returns – pct_change() and non-stationarity: working with rolling means, variances.
• Workshop 2: compare performance and risk of 2 securities’ prices.
• Iterating through rows and columns in a data frame.
• Workshop 3: find minimum, maximum values for a number of parameters across a portfolio of stocks.
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.