By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Critique good and not-so-good examples of visualisations
• Identify the best chart primate to use to communicate a given data insight
• Implement good practices using pre-attentive processing techniques
• Enhance or diminish information quantity for maximum impact
• Structure information flow in a dashboard to reveal detail incrementally
• Principles of Organization & the Use of Color and Space
o Gestalt organisation principles
o Pre-attentive processing
o Creating impact by adding and taking away.
• Worked Exercises: Organization & the Use of Color and Space
o Dashboard challenge: take a raw Excel data sheet and foreground the key insights managers need to see at a glance
• Techniques for improving Excel default templates
o Additional labelling
o Avoiding the default Excel palette
o Special characters and explanatory text inserts
• Case Study: Foreign aid donations by country [Excel exercise]
o Small groups (>=5) work together to create an impactful visualization and story based on data sets from a different donor country
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.