For individuals who are new to Excel.
By the end of this session, delegates will:
– Navigate your way around Microsoft Excel (Windows environment)
– Create and work with a new workbook
– Open and navigate within workbooks and worksheets
– Make changes to data in a workbook
– Understand and work with ranges in a worksheet
– Copy and paste data in Excel
– Move the contents of cells and ranges within and between workbooks
– Understand, create and work with formulas and functions
– Understand and use formula cell referencing
– Use font formatting techniques
– Align the contents of cells in a number of ways
– Understand and use the number formatting features in Excel
– Format rows and columns in a worksheet
– Sort data in a list in a worksheet
– Filter data in a table
– Print your workbook data
– Create effective charts in Microsoft Excel
– Obtain help for Excel whenever you need it
– Understand points to consider to avoid problems in your worksheets
– Tour of Excel / System Familiarity: toolbars / ribbon, formula bar, status bar, settings
– Import Data: Text to Columns (from CSV file)
– Critical Keyboard shortcuts (taught as we go), including: E.g. Navigate and Select, Cut, Copy, Paste / Paste Special, Insert / Delete, Undo, Redo / Repeat
– Custom Formatting
– Linking cells across multiple workbooks
– Append formula to the trades, apply commission rates and calculate revenue due per month.
– Formula and Referencing, including basic mathematical functions: SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX, AVERAGE
– Everyday Functions:
– Logical – IF, Nested IF, AND, OR
– Lookup – VLOOKUP, MATCH
– Text – SEARCH, RIGHT, LEN
– Date – DATE, YEAR, MONTH, DAY
– Grouping versus Hiding
– Auto-filter: to answer quick questions about the data
– Producing Pivot Tables and Charts
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.