These intermediate Microsoft Excel courses are designed for delegates who have used Excel before and want to expand their knowledge.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
– Record, Write, Edit, Test and Run VBA Macros with a good amount of confidence
– Automate repetitive Excel business tasks and streamline workflow
Macros (Recap/Quick Intro)
– Recording sub procedures
– Running Macros with Form Controls, Shapes, Shortcut Keys
Tour of the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)
– Location and uses of the VBE windows: Project Explorer, Properties, Code, Immediate, Locals
– Customising the look and feel of the VBE, including window docking
Best Practice Writing and Editing of Code
– Language Structure: Objects, Properties and Methods (and Optional Parameters)
– Using the Intelligence List (CTRL+SPACE)
– Testing code with the Immediate Window, including Debug.Print
– With…End With to assign multiple properties
Using Comments / Remarks
Common Error-types: Syntax, Compile, Run-time
Getting Help: F1, Macro Recording, Web Resources
Using Variables and Data Types
Declaring and assigning values to variables and constants
Data Types E.g. Integer, Double, String, Boolean
Using Option Explicit, Intelligence List to avoid spelling errors and speed up the coding process
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.