By the end of the course participants will be able to:
– Work with 1D and 2D VBA Arrays to reduce latency
– Write and apply User Defined Functions (UDFs)
– Build out Error Handlers and more complex
– IF, Case structures
– Implement Event Procedures
– How they differ to Data Variables
– Using to simply fully qualified references
– 1D and 2D Static and Dynamic VBA Arrays
– Declaring, Resizing with ReDim, Erasing etc
– Writing / Reading to Arrays, including single line ‘cheats’ for 2D dynamic array population
User Defined Functions (UDFs)
– Specifying Function Arguments, including Optional Arguments
– Calling UDFs from Excel and Sub Procedures
– Creating Excel Add-Ins and Customising the Ribbon (manually) to run the add-in Subs
Further IF and Select Case
– IF, Else, Else IF Structures
– Select Case, Case Is, Case Else Structures
– Building these into more complex UDFs
Efficient Error Handling
– Common Error-types: Syntax, Compile, Run-time
– On Error Resume Next (and its dangers)
– On Error Goto [Label]
– Handling Error Numbers
– Resume Next and Exit Statements
– Worksheet events – e.g. SelectionChange, Change
– Workbook Events – e.g. AfterSave, Open, BeforeClose, NewSheet
– Non-Object Events -e.g. On Time
– Optional Class Challenge (Time Permitting): Loop within a Loop
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.