The Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis course is designed for people who want to understand business analysis, support change and improve business processes. It is suitable for business analysts, business managers and members of their team, business change managers and project managers.
At the end of this course learners will gain a broad understanding of business analysis, including:
– The role and competencies of a Business Analyst
– Investigation techniques, including interviews, observations, workshops and prototyping
– How to categorise, analyse and manage stakeholders
– How to model business processes
– Making a business and financial case and assessing feasibility
– How to establish, document and model requirements
What is Business Analysis:
– The origins of business analysis
The development of business analysis / The scope of business analysis work / Taking a holistic approach / The role and responsibilities of a business analyst
The Competencies of a Business Analyst:
– Personal qualities / Business knowledge / Professional techniques / The development of competencies
– The context for strategy / The definition of strategy / Strategy development / External environment analysis / Internal environment analysis / SWOT analysis / Executing strategy
The Business Analysis Process Model:
– An approach to problem-solving / Stages of the business analysis process model / Objectives of the process model stages / Procedure for each process model stage / Techniques used within each process model stage
– Interviews / Observation / Workshops / Scenarios / Prototyping / Quantitative approaches / Documenting the current situation
Stakeholder Analysis and Management:
– Stakeholder categories and identification / Analysing stakeholders / Stakeholder management strategies / Managing stakeholders / Understanding stakeholder perspectives / Business activity models
Modelling Business Processes:
– Organisational context / An alternative view of an organisation / The organisational view of business processes / Value propositions / Process models / Analysing the as-is process model / Improving business processes (to-be business process)
Defining the solution:
– Gap analysis / Introduction to Business Architecture / Definition of Business Architecture / Business Architecture techniques:
Making a Business and Financial Case:
– The business case in the project lifecycle / Identifying options / Assessing project feasibility / Structure of a business case / Investment appraisal
Establishing the Requirements:
– A framework for requirements engineering / Actors in requirements engineering / Requirements elicitation / Requirements analysis
Documenting and Managing Requirements:
– The requirements document / The requirements catalogue / Managing requirements
– Modelling system functions / Modelling system data
Delivering the Requirements:
– Delivering the solution / Context / Lifecycles
Delivering the Business Solution:
– BA role in the business change lifecycle / Design stage / Implementation stage / Realisation stage
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.