For individuals with a working knowledge of FX and derivative markets
At the end of this course delegates should understand
– The mechanics of FX forwards and futures
– FX swaps, basis and the difference between FX swaps and cross-currency swaps
– The basics of FX options
– Exchange rate models & forward pricing in theory
– Outright forward trades
– OTC price discovery
– Non-Deliverable Forwards (NDFs)
Exercises: Pricing FX forwards
– CME futures quotations
– Margin & collateralisation
– Key characteristics & standard market periods
– Using FX swaps for funding
– FX swap term sheet
Exercises: Calculating implied swap funding rates
– Structure, cash flows & risks in currency swaps
– Marking to market & unwinding a currency swap
– Cross-currency basis swap & cross-currency asset swap
– Carry trades
– FX swaps vs. cross-currency swaps
– Hedging a basis swap with FX swaps & basis swaps relative value
– Key characteristics
– Guide to converting between premium conventions
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.