For first line managers, aspiring managers, or for anyone new to management, leading teams or supervising.
At the end of this course participants will:
– Understand the role and purpose of teams
– Be able to recognise the characteristics of a high performing team
– Know how to lead, communicate with and motivate a high performing team
– Know how to respond to challenges when managing a team proactively
– Know how to manage the performance of a team
The role and purpose of teams:
– Types of teams in an organisation
– The roles in a team using recognised theories
– How members of a team affect team dynamics
– The advantages and disadvantages of team working and lone working
The characteristics of a high performing team and the behaviours that can be observed.
How to lead communicate with and motivate high performing teams:
– Advantages and disadvantages of leadership styles that can be used to manage a high performing team
– Communication methods used for different types of teams
– How to motivate a team to achieve results
Know how to respond to challenges when managing a team proactively:
– The challenges of managing a team
– How to respond to challenges proactively
– Approaches to absence management
How to manage the performance of a team:
– Approaches to ensure team members work to a shared purpose
– Allocating work to team members
– Methods of monitoring team performance
– How to provide feedback on individual and team performance
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.