Tech Analysts, S&T Analysts (optionally)
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Describe and deploy the core functionality of Numpy
• Compare its features and performance to similar methods native to Python
• Select the best approach (Numpy or not Numpy) based on performance, memory use and other considerations
• Overview: why Numpy?
• Similarities with and differences from the basic math library.
• Creating and transforming arrays with ndarray.
• Comparing ‘vectorised’ Numpy operations on large arrays with Python-coded equivalents in base libraries.
• Statistical functionality using NumPy’s distribution and random number generator.
• Workshop: generate random walks in Numpy and compute volatility, risk/return ratios and other statistical outputs.
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.