This course is suitable for business analysts, business managers and members of their team, business change managers and project managers.
By the end of the course participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding and application of Requirements Engineering principles and techniques in the following areas:
– The Requirements Engineering framework; the issues and rationale in a business context; the application of the framework
– The hierarchy of requirements
– Roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the Requirements Engineering framework
– Requirements elicitation
– Requirements modelling
– Requirements documentation
– Requirements analysis
– Requirements validation
– Requirements management
Introduction to Requirements Engineering:
– The characteristics of a requirement
– The rationale for Requirements Engineering and the application of the Requirements Engineering framework
– The elements that should be considered as the contents of a project initiation document, terms of reference or project charter
– The requirements hierarchy and describe how it is applied in Requirements Engineering
Stakeholders in the Requirements Process:
– The key roles of project stakeholders during Requirements Engineering
– The key roles of the business stakeholders during Requirements Engineering
– In each scenario, identify stakeholders and describe their contribution to Requirements Engineering
– Different knowledge types
– The principles and application of the different elicitation techniques
– The advantages and disadvantages of the different elicitation techniques
– The suitability of the elicitation techniques for Agile and linear development approaches
Use of Models in Requirements Engineering:
– The rationale for modelling the functional requirements (processing and data) of an information system
– How to construct and interpret a UML use case diagram for a given scenario to represent the functional requirements for an information system
– The rationale for creating a requirements document and for documenting requirements at different levels of definition
– The structure and contents of the requirements document
– The rationale for prioritising requirements, using the MoSCoW prioritisation technique
– Requirements for a given scenario to check for technical, business and financial feasibility
– The requirements for a given scenario by requirement type and functional area
– The use of prototyping to elaborate requirements
– The rationale for the different approaches to requirements validation
– The steps to be followed in the validation process for requirements artefacts
– The rationale for requirements management
– The elements of requirements management and the links between them
– The rationale and the approach to achieving requirements traceability
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.