Tech Analysts, S&T Analysts (optionally)
Following the course, participants will be able to:
• Query social media and search engine APIs (Twitter, Google) to return relevant content
• Perform essential NLP (Natural language Processing) operations like creating corpora, vectorisation, computing word frequency scores
• Implement a simplified, dictionary based sentiment analyser and evaluate its strengths and limitations
• Identify third party solutions that implement the above functionality
• Web scraping: what is it?
• What ethical, regulatory and operational issues arise in scraping content from the web?
o GDPR and similar legislation
o Storing scraped data
o Automating the process
• Query the Google search API to return a list of themed news items
• Introduction to NLP
o What it can and can’t do
o Key concepts: vectorisation, n-grams, word frequency counts
• Installing and importing the standard python NLP library, word2vec. Run the above functions on the dataset we have loaded from Google
• Implement an off-the-shelf dictionary-based sentiment analyser and evaluate its strengths and limitations
• Map the timestamped sentiment drivers to a price series
• Run a regression model to test the hypothesis and determine statistical validity (correlation and p-score)
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.