For individuals new to the financial markets with a basic understanding of accounting and valuation, or more experienced analysts wishing to go into more detail
At the end of this course participants should
– Understand the growth in asset-light businesses
– Recognise the challenges in using traditional, accounting-based, valuation frameworks in asset light businesses
– Develop a critical awareness of valuation approaches to growth
– Understand off-balance sheet assets, including leasing and assets as a service, and the sensitivity of earnings to off-balance sheet assets
– Understand the nature of marketing & brand building, including IFRS/US GAAP accounting
– Apply solutions to achieve comparable valuation
– Understand the nature of R&D investment and the IFRS/US GAAP accounting framework, including after acquisitions
– Identify the types of intellectual property, intangible and hidden capital assets
Challenging the notion that tangible capital is necessary to build a valuable business
– Identifying categories of intellectual or invisible capital
Exploring and applying tangible and intangible asset accounting
Acquiring R&D assets
-Solutions to The Comparability Problem
Accounting for brands
– The competitive advantage period of a brand
– Acquiring brands
Human Capital – Training and Know-How as assets
Off-Balance Sheet Assets
– IFRS and GAAP accounting + Alternatives for capitalisation
– PEG ratios
– P/E, DCF and Gordon’s Growth Model revisited
– Market Price implied Growth rates
We are thought leaders in instructional and learning journey design and holistic solution architects.
We have extensive finance and investments experience combined with skills application to deliver performance improving results.
We develop immersive learning environments that maximize time to productivity, support talent retention and added value to improving quality of hires.
We are focused on mining the embedded organisational intellectual capital for the benefit of the next generation.
We create and curate best in class practice gathered from our experience with the leading financial institutions.
We design our programmes with the end in mind – what results are you trying to achieve with this intervention? What metrics will we set ourselves to achieve that?
Quality and innovation, using current market and industry best practices, have made us a trusted partner in delivering dynamic and motivating training for the financial and capital markets.
Our programmes are generation proof and responsive to evolving learner needs and styles.
Our solutions use a multi-stakeholder engagement strategy that expands beyond relationships between the learner and learning provider. We create connections with managers, peers and the wider business to drive impactful return on investment..
"*" indicates required fields
The team are so friendly and pleasant to work with, everyone is very professional and keen to help us. Building a relationship over the past couple of years helps us to feel like the Alpha team are even more able to understand our needs and provide more proactive solutions.